- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia Already Spent $15000000 on American Arms2011-05-11 14:53
To receive US arms Georgia "spent about $15000000 on the services of four leading Washington lobby companies just last year: much more than other countries comparable with it". Such information is given by the GHN with reference to the American magazine "Atlantic". According to the periodical, Saakashvili strives for obtaining more arms from the USA motivating this by the "Russian threat".gt-en-newsitem-inside
On the part of the American Congress this campaign actually features the Senator John McKane. The State Department of the USA is said to "be providing for the observation of the actual embargo, secretly blocking Georgia's attempts to purchase their arms". The ex Ambassador of Georgia in the USA was removed from office exactly for his inability to achieve arms supply, writes the American magazine.
However, so far it is not clear if Georgia is going to buy any arms in the USA or wants to obtain them in the form of aid. According to the "Atlantic" journalists, the Georgian officials evade any questions related to this subject.
In the opinion of some American political experts, American arms would be a tangible sign of the West's support so much sought by Saakashvili, adds the Russian agency baltinfo.ru.