- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Now Not Everybody Pays Land Tax in Georgia2011-05-11 17:21
Today the Town Meeting (Sakrebulo) of the Georgian capital accepted the amendment to the city land tax law by majority vote. According to the Business Georgia, now individuals in Tbilisi will not pay the land tax. This norm covers those people who live in residential blocks of flats and own garages and plots of land assigned to their houses. So far the Tbilisi inhabitants paid the land tax for plots of land of 600 m2 and for garages of 18 m2.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the amendments approved today, the amendment covers those owners of flats who own a plot of land assigned to their house. The new norm also covers the whole plot of land assigned to the house, explained the Head of the Commission of Finance, Budget and Property Management Tamaz Shoshiashvili in his interview to journalists.
In his words, the owners of garages using the plot of land only for parking are also released from the tax. However, if this area is used for any commercial activity, the tax should be paid as before.