- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Nicolas Cage shoots a movie about Georgia and plays Saakashvili2009-01-07 14:45
Nicolas Cage, a renowned Hollywood actor, will shoot a movie about the August events in the Caucasus and Russian-Georgian conflict.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to some messages, the project has already started. Cage caries it out with the Stone Village Pictures.
The preliminary name of the film is «Bitter drop of freedom», Day.Az informs.
Nicolas Cage will be not only director, but will play Georgian President, Mikhail Saakashvili.
The budget of the movie is not high, that is why the script includes few battle stages and shootings on locations. The film can be referred to psychological drama. In his interview to Verfluchter Beobachter the actor said that the idea to shoot such a film appeared in practically a month.
According to Cage, he was shocked with great tragedy of the statesman, who faced the necessity of hard and crucial choice. In his view, in such moments the true greatness of a person reveals in such turning points of history. Cage hopes that he will manage to show the deep emotions of a person placed in inhuman conditions.