- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Traditional Christmas procession to be held in Tbilisi2009-01-07 15:55
Alilo, the procesiion that has already become traditional, will be held in Christmas. It starts today at 2 p.m. in Tbilisi, at the Rose square and will be finished in the Holy Trinity Cathedral.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This year the participants of the procession are not only priests and parishioners, but also actors of Griboyedov and Mardzhanishvili theatres. During the procession they, together with students of theatre colleges will be playing sketches from the Bible in the streets.
Members of parliament and Tbilisian city assembly (Sakrebulo) will join the procession. Mikhail Saakashvili, Georgian President, David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Parliament, and Ilia II, the Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia, will pass their gifts to the participants.
Gifts, collected during the Christmas procession, will be sent to orphanages.
Alilo, the Christmas procession, will be held for the sixth year running.