- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
US Ambassador in Georgia Not Afraid of Protest Actions near Embassy2011-05-13 17:52
The US Ambassador in Georgia John Bass made some comments on the protest actions that are being prepared by the "Georgian Party" near the building of the American Embassy in Tbilisi. Thus, In Bass' opinion, the holding of such actions near the US Embassy in Georgia is a sign of a democratic environment, reports the GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Freedom of opinion and expression are two cornerstones on which any democratic environment is based. We treat the expression of this freedom with respect, despite our agreeing or not agreeing with the targets and objectives", noted the ambassador.
He added that some similar actions were already held near the embassy before and will probably take place again.
Let us remind you that some activists of the "Georgian Party" disclosed their intention to hold a protest action near the American embassy in Tbilisi on 16 May.