Georgian attorneys to embark on hunger strike near Parliament
A hunger strike of the Georgian lawyers and attorneys near the Parliament of Georgia is scheduled for today, 15.00 local time. As was reported by GHN, the basic demand of the protesters is to investigate the murder of Zurab Zhvania and Badri Patarkatsishvili.
According to attorney Shalva Khachapuridze, the protesters have got more demands.
"We demand the following:
1. Independent court.
2. We demand an investigation of the murder of Zurab Zhvania, Guram Sharadze, Badri Patarkatsishvili and others.
3. The start of a new investigation on the case of the boys killed in the street.
4. Reconsideration of the cases of illegal prisoners (with setting up a relevant committee).
5. Absolute release of political prisoners.
6. Stopping the facts of prisoners torturing and beating.
7. Liberation of attorneys who were subject to illegal arrest.
8. Re-establishment of the cancelled allowances for veterans", - Khachapuridze underlined in an interview to the journalists.
"We also want the Georgian legislation to be set in compliance with the European law", - he added.
"Georgia has fallen out of the legal environment and any juridical thinking. If the laws are not brought back to a fair range, the country will decay and the process has been started already", - the attorney believes.
He added that new protesters would join the hunger strike daily.