- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian highland villages are cut off because of heavy snowfalls2009-01-08 11:57
Heavy snowfalls practically cut off highland villages of Svaneti (district in West Georgia).gt-en-newsitem-inside
In Mestia, the administrative centre of the district, and adjacent villages' power lines are damaged, threat of avalanches appeared, traffic is blocked because of snow.
Energo-Pro Georgia (energy distributing company) representatives work in emergency regime and promise to restore electricity supplies of Mestia to the evening.
The road department specialists are busy with cleanup and also promise to restore traffic to the evening.
Though today's Georgian sky is clear, the weather forecast is unfavorable: since January 9th the weather will deteriorate and snowfalls resume.