- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia imprinted war with Russia on coins2011-05-18 13:52
A coin dedicated to an armed conflict with Russia in August 2008 has been issued in Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As was reported by VZGLYAD, Deputy Chairman of the Heraldry Council of the Georgian Parliament Mamuka Gongadze reported that the work on the coin started immediately after the "five-day war" began.
According to Gongadze, the coin will become an active means of payment and not just a valuable item for collectors.
The reverse of the coin depicts the Georgian territory with Abkhazia and South Ossetia included in it, which independence was recognized after 2008 by four UN member-countries: Russia, Nicaragua, Venezuela and Nauru.