- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia has not decided on recognizing genocide against Circassians2011-05-18 19:42
According to Speaker of the Georgian Parliament David Bakradze, it is so far unclear whether the country's supreme legislative body will take a political decision on recognizing the genocide against Circassians, GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Our scientists have found interesting materials but the matter must be first submitted for the committee's consideration and only afterwards one may talk of some political decision", - he added.
Let us remind you that the Georgian party has made several attempts to discuss the issue of the genocide against the Circassian people on the part of the Russian Empire in the second half of XIX century. The issue was actively discussed by Georgian parliamentarians and various public organizations of the country.
Besides, it has been stated many times that the "Circassian problem" discussed in Georgia does not bother Circassians themselves very much, so long as it is imposed on them. This was declared by a historian from Kabardino-Balkaria Hasan Dumanov.
"Some powers want to draw the Adygeis into a conflict. But the Adygei people have no plans contradicting Russia's policy", - Dumanov says.