- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian parliament committees to consider the issue of genocide against Circassians2011-05-19 15:20
Four parliamentary committees of Georgia are going to consider the issue of recognizing the genocide against Circassians today. This was reported by GHN with reference to the information revealed by head of the Committee for Expatriate Communities and Caucasus Nugzar Tsiklauri.gt-en-newsitem-inside
A decree on the matter has already been prepared by committees and now it's time to solve the issue of considering this document at the plenary session of parliament. If the deputies support the issue it will be submitted for consideration of the rest of the parliamentary deputies. The Circassian delegation's appeal to the Parliament of Georgia with the request of admitting the genocide against Circassians on Russia's part was made last year.
A relevant document was prepared in the course of a conference held in Tbilisi. There, Circassians called to recognize them as a symbol of ethnic cleansing.
One of these days, Speaker of the Georgian Parliament David Bakradze expressed an opinion that it is so far unclear whether the supreme legislative body of the country will take a political decision on recognizing the genocide against Circassians.
"Our scientists have found interesting materials but the matter should first be submitted for the committee's consideration and only afterwards one may talk of any political decision", - he added.