- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Experts: Protests adversely affect the economy of Georgia2011-05-24 12:54
According to the Georgian experts in the field of economics and business, protests of the Georgian opposition, which began on May 21, adversely affect the economy.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the head of the Investment Agency Katie Bochorishvili, if the protests will be protracted, several important visits to Georgia,aimed at investing in this country, can fail. Bochorishvili definitely believes that the unstable situation in the country negatively affects the investment and travel environment.
Bochorishvili added, that there was no reaction on situation in Georgia from investors. Nevertheless, a series of meetings with foreign partners is appointed on the end of May, and if the opposition action at that time do not stop, the visits can be canceled.
Another expert Levan Kalandadze shares the same opinion. According to him, if the actions will be protracted with pickets and other attributes, it will negative impact on the economy of Georgia. «Particularly important in this time are the essentials» -added Kalandadze.