- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili expects investments from Hungary2011-05-24 14:00
Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili, who is currently on an official visit to Hungary, held the meeting with representatives of local business circles. According to «Business-Georgia» with reference to the presidential administration, the meeting with the head of the Georgian state was mainly attended by businessmen, working in the tourism, energy and agriculture.gt-en-newsitem-inside
During the meeting Saakshvili acquainted them with the reforms, taking place in Georgia in these areas. Also he told about implementing of anti-corruption and crime control.
«Currently, trade between our two countries is low. We should defer the numbers and sharpen focus on the importance of Georgia in the region. Six or seven years ago, Georgia was one of the failed countries with high rates of crime and corruption. However, over the past 5 years our country was named the state-reformer number one. No country has been developing in such fast pace, as Georgia could. According to the World Bank Georgia takes 12th place in the world and first place in Eastern Europe in terms of ease of doing business» - the Georgian president said.
«...Georgia is a place where you can start a business very fast. This is the place where the customs procedure is one of the most common. In the future, we expect four million tourists - the growth of this business proceeds in geometrical progression. The way in which we develop Georgia in the direction of Singapore and Dubai is as follows: Centre is in terms of business; and ancient cultural center, which gave much to Europe. Here tourists can really have a good time» - said Saakashvili.
In response, the Hungarian entrepreneurs expressed interest in investing in Georgia.
However, despite these optimistic prospects, opposition protests, passing in Georgia nowadays, may adversely affect the investment and business climate in Sakartvelo. This opinion is shared by many Georgian experts. In their view, if the protest will be protracted, this definitely badly affect the economy.