- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian tour operators are afraid of frustration of the tourist season2011-05-24 20:10
The actions of protest carried out in these days by Georgian opposition threaten to frustrate the new tourist season in Georgia. According to «Business Georgia», this opinion is shared by several local tour operators. As they say, the tourist season in Sakartvelo is in jeopardy of failure. Representatives of tourist agencies are afraid of reiteration of 2007 and 2009, when due to the massive actions of protests passing in the country amount of tourists has declined considerably.gt-en-newsitem-inside
So, according to marketing director of «Elite Travel Tour» Basil Mikadze, these actions adversely affect the tourist season in any case. Especially it touches the visitors from Western Europe. As Mikadze said their company has already assigned the entire season, but if the opposition protest will continue, some tourists may cancel their reservation.
Director of «Georgics Travel» Giorgi Kalandadze shares this opinion. However, the current protest actions are not tough enough and it is unlikely that they will last for a long time, he believes.
Recall, earlier today local economists told of their concern by these protests which are able to harm Georgian economy.