- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Global Peace Index: the most peaceful country of the former Soviet Union is Georgia2011-05-25 15:07
According to the rating of the most peaceful states (Global Peace Index), which has made the Australian Institute for Economics and Peace (published by Vision of Humanity), Georgia took 134th place of 153 possible. As the «GHN» reports, thus, Georgia raised its rating compared to last year when it took 142nd place. Experts assesses countries for 23 indicators in this ranking. Among them - the frequency of both domestic and international conflicts, public safety and others indicators.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This time Ukraine took 69th place in the rating, and left behind other countries of former Soviet Union. Kazakhstan has improved its position by two points, taking 93rd place.
Armenia took the 109th place, Belarus - 112th, Azerbaijan 122nd, Russia - 147th.
Iceland was named the most peaceful country in 2011 and left behind New Zealand. The third place took Japan, the fourth - Denmark and the Czech Republic took the fifth place.
The USA took 82nd place in this rating, China - the 80th.
Democratic Republic of the Congo, North Korea, Afghanistan, Sudan, Iraq and Somalia are in the end of the rating of the most peace-loving countries.