- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Vashadze: the signing of the Charter on partnership with the USA will bring Georgia closer to NATO2009-01-09 13:10
The signing of the Charter on strategic partnership with the USA "will become the first important step on the way to rapprochement between Georgia and NATO". This was stated by Georgia's Foreign Minister Grigol Vashadze to the Georgian journalists in Washington today as ITAR-TASS reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As he says the execution of this agreement will "bring Georgia closer to NATO".
"The Charter will become a very important and historically meaningful document for Georgia suggesting the beginning of truly strategic relations with the USA", - Vashadze emphasized.
Georgia's Ambassador to the USA Batu Kutelia in his turn stated to the Georgian journalists in Washington that this Charter "provides for common interests of the two countries in the region and in the whole world". From his point of view this document means "establishment of fully-fledged strategic partnership between Georgia and the USA".
As it is expected the Charter will be signed today in Washington by Georgia's Foreign Minister Grigol Vashadze and US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.