- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili's condolences to the families of people killed during dispersal of the demonstrators2011-05-26 14:11
The head of Georgia Mikhail Saakashvili expressed his condolences to the families of people killed during dispersal of the demonstrators in Tbilisi last night. «Unfortunately, during the events of last night two people died. I want to express my condolences to the bereaved families» - the «GHN» cites Saakashvili's words.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the president, the current events in Georgia is a script which was written outside of Georgia in order to disrupt the celebration of 20th anniversary of independence.
«We will do everything to ensure the citizens of Georgia have the right to express their protest, including those who have legitimate claims ... But there is a small group who raised their hands on the freedom of speech, and they do not want the freedom of speech but they want violence and victims» - Saakashvili said.
Recall, the 20th anniversary of Georgian independence was marked with the tragic events of last night, when during dispersal of the demonstrators in the centre of Tbilisi, two people were killed, and one of them was an employee of the security forces of the country.
According to various estimates, from 20 to 40 people suffered from the dispersal of demonstrations. At the moment they are in the city hospitals.