- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bass urged the Georgian authorities to investigate thoroughly the tragedy at the center of Tbilisi2011-05-26 16:36
The U.S. Ambassador to Georgia John Bass urged authorities of Sakartvelo to investigate the facts of abuse of power during the disperse of opposition protests in the night of May 26 in the centre of Tbilisi, reports "Georgia-News" in reference to broadcast "Rustavi-2".gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I am outraged that after disperse of the demonstration, it was potentially excessive abuse of force by individuals who participated in the operation" - the ambassador said in the television interview. It is important to investigate such cases very seriously, he said.
However, the ambassador noticed that "obviously, there was a certain number of participants who were not interested in peaceful protest, but on the contrary, they tried to develop a violent confrontation". "Violence is never the answer to the challenges facing society" - he added.