- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Transcaucasian highway blocked by avalanches2009-01-09 14:55
The Transcaucasian highway connecting Russia with South Ossetia, the Transcaucasian and Middle Eastern countries is again blocked due to this morning's avalanching in the North Ossetian section of the route.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was reported by RIA-Novosti in the press service of Russia's EMERCOM republican administration.
"By 17.00 of January 8 following the completion of forced avalanching in the high-mountainous part of the Transcaucasian Highway from "Chertov Most" to Roksky tunnel's Northern portal the roadway was totally blocked by the avalanche heaps", - the press-service employee noted. After that the heavy road cleaning equipment was sent to the southern section of the highway for elimination of huge snow blockage close to the South portal of Roksky tunnel, in Java district of South Ossetia.
"By 22.00 Moscow time (January 8) a technical passway for motor vehicles was made in the avalanche that blocked the Transcaucasian highway from the south", - the agency source reported.
However early in the morning today Russia's EMERCOM call center received a message from people going along the TransKAM on spontaneous avalanches in the North Ossetian section of the road between Buron and Zaramag localities.
"In view of the changed situation the EMERCOM operations desks recommended to traffic police officers to suspend passage of vehicles to the high-mountainous section of the turnpike both from the north and from the south, - the press-service employee reported.
Besides 7 cars carrying people are locked by the avalanches.
As the head of EMERCOM Chief Administration in South Ossetia Vladimir Ivanov stated to Interfax they are out of danger.
At the moment the road equipment is sent to the place of avalanching, higher avalanche hazard is preserved in the high-mountainous areas of the TransKAM and the South Ossetian section of the route is in extremely complicated situation.