- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Igor Giorgadze: Georgian nation will not retreat2011-05-27 13:23
Former Minister of Security of Georgia Igor Giorgadze made a statements that the actions of opposition in Tbilisi proved power of the Georgian people.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"If there are heroes among the nation (and those who challenge the regime in these days are the heroes), it means that the people is alive! There are too many things which interfere with him, and it can not stand up in full-length. But there are signs that people would not retreat. Primarily because the protest movement was now joined by the "gems" of the Georgian society, such as Nona Gaprindashvili, Rezo Esadze, Gogi Kavtaradze, Gia Burjanadze, Elisbar Javelidze and others" - Interfax quoted the words of Giorgadze.
According to him, even the hopelessness and lack of faith in the success with which many opposition members went to the square in front the building of Parliament in the Georgian capital, do not matter. "Our long-suffering people of Georgia is alive! That is the most important! And even the most horrible pictures and details of the suffering, which they had to take during their path to freedom and to finding themselves and our native Georgia, can not eclipse this fact"- believes Giorgadze.
Recall the night of 25 to 26 May, Georgian police dispersed the opposition rally in the centre of Tbilisi. Two men were killed and dozens of people were injured.