- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The Russian Federation plans to continue fit-out of military bases in Abkhazia and South Ossetia after 20092009-01-09 15:47
Russia is not going to stop equipping military bases in Abkhazia and South Ossetia after 2009.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was stated today to RIA-Novosti by Deputy Head of the Russian General Staff, Colonel General Anatoly Nogovitsin.
Earlier the Chief of the Russian General Staff, General of the Army Nikolay Makarov reported that the Russian military bases with the capacity of 3700 servicemen each would be deployed in Abkhazia and South Ossetia before the end of 2009.
"Deployment of our bases in Abkhazia and South Ossetia will not finish in 2009. From the point of view of fitting out it is not done fast. It needs serious funding and fundamental equipment is required. The 2009 term remains in force but the fit-out will not be completed by that time. It will be the first stage of the fit-out", - Nogovitsin noted.
Deputy Head of the General Staff confirmed that the bases would be initially deployed in Abkhazia, in Gudauta district center in the West of the republic, and in South Ossetia - in Tskhinval and in the district village of Java.
According to the General the fitting out of the Russian military bases in the republics will be done in several stages. "The first stage involves fitting out for daily activities. The second stage is operational use trial. And for this we need to build training areas for instance", - Nogovitsin stated.
Infrastructure of the new military bases requires not only continuous maintenance but development too, he noted. "These are new training rooms, a new simulation training system for preparation of tactic units and in future the creation of combined simulation training complex for tryout of cohesion between the units and so on up to a possibility of strategic training exercises", - he declared.
Besides, to carry out training exercises we'll need not only bases of the group deployed there but also for supplementary units that can be redeployed there for the exercise. "And this is another stage", - the General emphasized.