- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Expert: The USA can maintain a charismatic opponent of Saakashvili2011-05-27 13:57
Deputy Director of the Institute on Political Studies Mikhail Yusin believes that the Georgian opposition is able to overthrow the regime of Saakashvili only if they got a really strong leader.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Yusin considers that the failure of the Georgian opposition is connected not only with the support of the authorities by local law enforcers or the fact that pro-government media covers the regime. The expert underlined that "in the camp of the opponents of the President there is no charismatic leader".
In this case, Mikhail Yusin believes, Saakashvili should not relax. "Hundreds of thousands of people who went out to the street two, three or four years ago, demanding his overthrow, have not gone away. And they didn't become supporters of the president. According to the new opinion polls, the popularity of the ruling party "United National Movement" reduces - VZGLYAD cites Yusin's words.
Also, the expert said that Saakashvili must be concerned about weakening of support for his regime by the USA. He recalled that recently the U.S. State Department issued a report, which was very critical about the human rights situation in Georgia. "If a worthy leader will appear among the opposition, it is possible that the USA will support him instead of Saakashvili. Unpredictable and not always adequate President of Georgia has brougt too many problems to them in recent years"- believes Mikhail Yusin.