- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The Charter on partnership between the USA and Georgia will be signed in the evening of January 9 20092009-01-09 16:45
The Charter on strategic partnership between the USA and Georgia will be signed tonight in Washington, in the US State Department at 20.15 Tbilisi time.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was reported by "Novosti-Gruzia" agency with reference to Georgia's Foreign Ministry head of press and information department Khatuna Iosava.
The treaty will be signed by Georgia's Foreign Minister Grigol Vashadze and US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. The content of the document will not be disclosed before signing.
As Vashadze noted the signing of the Charter on strategic partnership with the USA "will become the first important step on the way to rapprochement between Georgia and NATO".
"The Charter will become a very important and historically meaningful document for Georgia suggesting the beginning of truly strategic relations with the USA", - he emphasized.
Georgia's Ambassador to the USA Batu Kutelia in his turn stated to the Georgian journalists in Washington that this Charter "provides for common interests of the two countries in the region and in the whole world". From his point of view this document means "establishment of fully-fledged strategic partnership between Georgia and the USA".
US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Matthew Bryza made his comment on the document too. As he says the Charter contains no guarantee of safety. "This is a very important document that determines the framework of our cooperation in different domains. As for security guarantee it is provided by the NATO membership", - Bryza pointed out.
The Georgian delegation includes First Deputy Foreign Minister Giga Bokeria, Defense Minister David Sikharulidze, State Minister for Reintegration Temur Yakobashvili and Georgia's new Ambassador to the USA Batu Kutelia.