- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Beselia: The Head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs should incur a criminal liability2011-05-30 17:58
The leader of the movement "Solidarity with Illegal Political Prisoners" Eka Beselia said today of responsibility for the events on May 26 in Tbilisi, which must bear the head of the Georgian Ministry of Internal Affairs Vano Merabishvili. According to Beselia, the head of the Georgian Ministry of Internal Affairs should incur criminal responsibility, transmits the "GHN".gt-en-newsitem-inside
In Georgia, there is a necessity to begin the legal and political trials, all the perpetrators must be brought to an appropriate punishment, said Beselia the day before, at the action of solidarity held in Tbilisi. In her opinion, the events of that night have changed the political situation in the country.
"By this action, we declare solidarity to the people who found themselves in prison because of the violent actions of the authorities. This is not just solidarity with the leaders. The action is directed against the violence of the authorities against the people. We have well seen, on what the authorities can go" - said Beselia.
Recall, the tragic events in Tbilisi took place on the night of May 26 this year, when police dispersed a protest of "National Assembly" using rubber bullets and tear gas in downtown Tbilisi. As a result, two people were killed and about 100 people were detained.