- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
"Wounded Soldier" of Pirosmani was seized from illicit trafficking in Georgia2011-05-31 15:31
The law enforcement bodies of Georgia declared that the painting of the famous Georgian self-taught artist Niko Pirosmani was seized from illicit trafficking. According the "GHN", the general prosecutor's office reported that the "Wounded Soldier" was seized from illicit trafficking by their specialists.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This painting will return to the National Gallery as the seven other masterpieces of various artists, the prosecutor added.
The discovered works are dated with 19-20 centuries. According to the experts, they have special historical value.
Recall, earlier this year in Georgia there was a scandal with the canvas of Pirosmani the "Black Lion". On April 25 this year, a citizen of Georgia Kurman Kutateladze, who calls himself the rightful owner of the painting of Niko Pirosmani the "Black Lion", has announced his intention to file a claim in court in order to eliminate a fake power of attorney, according to which the right on the picture of Pirosmani was transferred to a certain citizen of Russia.
According to the lawyer of Kutateladze, the new owner of the paintings - Vyacheslav Yefimov - has forged a signature of the true owner of the painting on the documents.
The painting the "Black Lion" was stolen from its owners in 1990. Its trail was lost, but in early April, the work of Pirosmani surfaced at an exhibition in Moscow. It is allegedly owned by a citizen of the Russian Federation Vyacheslav Yefimov.