- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian-American Charter signed2009-01-09 11:23
Georgian-American Charter on strategic partnership is already signed. It was signed in Washington D.C. by the US Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, and Foreign affairs Minister of Georgia, Grigol Vashadze.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The ceremony was broadcasted by Georgian TV channels. As Condoleezza Rice said at the ceremony, Georgia is an important partner for the USA, and relations between the two countries will be developed in all the spheres, including defense and security.
According to the Secretary of State, the USA always supported and will support Georgian territorial integrity, its desire to join NATO and European Atlantic structures. In this aspect, the USA will do everything to let Georgia meet the Alliance standards.
Condoleeza Rice underlined that America will assist the team that five years ago, starting with the Rose Revolution, began its way to the independency of the country, and added that Georgia has many friends in the USA.
The regulations of the Charter are explained at six pages, it mentions partnership in practically all spheres of life, including trade. At the first stage the USA will simplify the way of Georgia production to American market, and in near future the sides will complete and sign the agreement on free trade.
Partnership in defense and security sphere implies assistance in Georgian army modernization, increasing defense potential. The USA will cooperate Georgia in establishment of the supremacy of law and justice sphere reformation.
The document mentions partnership in spheres of economy, business, energy, in mass media freedom ensuring.
The Charter implies simplification of the visa system and simplified procedure of visa issuing to Georgian citizens.
When the document was signed, Grigol Vashadze commented upon the moment and said that Georgia was aspiring for it.
Vashadze mentioned that he was glad and proud to live that day. Georgia obtained considerable support from the USA and the new stage of partnership began, he added.