- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
South Ossetia appeared in the list of "the worst"2011-06-03 15:10
According to the international organization Freedom House, South Ossetia is among the countries with the most "repressive" regime - the "Echo of the Caucasus" informed.
Republic of South Ossetia has appeared in the reports as a country where the situation in the field of human rights is the worst. It happened because of corruption and slow reconstruction of buildings damaged during the August war.
In the Freedom House reports South Ossetia has traditionally appeared as a country with low levels of democracy and human rights. At the same time, Abkhazia was noted as the "partially free country.
However, reports of this international organizations often were published with errors. At this time, the Freedom House first named South Ossetia as a region of Russia. And only later this error was corrected.