- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tskhinval reports on attempts of firing from Georgian side2009-01-12 12:51
South Ossetian Foreign Ministry reports of the attempt to fire Tskhinval from a grenade launcher.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Ministry, the incident occurred on January 11th , when a shot was fired from Georgian village Nikoi, bordering on South Ossetia (South - Western part of Tskhinval) at the residential area of the republican capital.
""At 8.50 p.m. gunfire was carried out from the Georgian cemetery in Nikoi, which is 400 meters from South Ossetia's border, followed by a grenade attack, which exploded near a nine-storey apartment block on Gafeyev street," Interfax quotes South Ossetian Deputy Minister of Defense, Ibragim Gasseyev.
"If the grenade had hit the residential house, this would have resulted in civilian casualties," the source reported.
Let us remind that previously Tskhinval repeatedly stated that Georgia is building up troops and deploys military machinery to South Ossetian border. There were also messages on military provocations against Russian military contingent in the region, being prepared by Georgian side.