- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Laborites charge Saakashvili of embezzlement of people’s money2009-01-13 09:29
Georgian Labour party charged Georgian President, Mikhail Saakashvili, of embezzlement of people's money on his family's leisure. The Izvestia informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Sandra Rulovs, Saakashvili's spouse, and his children spent New Year holidays in Florida, in one of the most expensive hotels ", said Iosif Shatberashvili, the Secretary General of the Labour party at today's briefing.
According to Shatberashvili, the Saakashvilis had to pay above USD 15 000 per day for their USA vacations.
"That's the example of the ways where our budget money. I expect that President Saakashvili will again appear in front of us and will speak of the necessity to revive economy and reduce unemployment, but he has already solved these problems for himself and his family ", Shatberashvili said.
He also said that David Kezerashvili, the ex-Minister of Defense, dismissed over a month ago, is spending his New Year and Christmas holidays in Las-Vegas, where is "spending 18 thousand dollars daily" in casinos and restaurants.
Previously Laborites stated that they intended to start the impeachment procedure to the President. According to ITAR-TASS, on December 29th they signed the document with the demand to start the impeachment procedure. On December 30th the demand must be delivered to the Speaker.
As the laborites point out, "President Saakashvili repeatedly violated the Constitution".