- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
US Congress members sent a letter to Georgian MPs2009-01-13 10:49
Allyson Schwarz and Bill Shuster, US Congress members, heads of the Congress group on friendship with Georgia, sent a letter of support to Georgian MPs and an official address to their colleagues.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the press service of the Parliament, Georgiy Tsereteli, the Vice Speaker f the Parliament, received both the letter and the address.
According to Tsereteli, in their letter the Congress members state the new Georgian-American Charter is very important and will favor consolidation of bilateral relations in the spheres of defense, economy, diplomacy and culture.
American Congress members request the new US administration and their newly elected colleagues to support Georgian government and underline the role of Georgia as the energy passage, the main partner and ally of the USA in the Caucasus. They highlight the progressive steps of Georgian administration in the way to democratization and remind the support Georgia rendered to the USA when sent its troops to Afghanistan and Iraq.
In conclusion of their address the Congress members express readiness to answer any questions of their colleagues concerning Georgia and ask them to join the group on friendship with Georgia.