- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Director of "Five Days in August" became the owner of an apartment in Batumi2011-07-04 12:19
Famous Hollywood director Renny Harlin, who is the creator of the film "Five Days in August", became the owner of luxury apartments in Batumi.
As the "Rosbalt" reported, now the author of the acclaimed action is the owner of an apartment in a newly built house of hotel type on the coast of Adjaria. It was reported that the area of estate of Harlin amounts 45 square meters.
"It was my dream. When I first visited Batumi, I immediately understood that I wanted to live here. It is a great place which is very attractive for me. I live in the U.S. and now my second home is in Batumi. From this day I will come to Batumi more frequently"- said Renny Harlin, commenting his purchase.
Recall, that in the description of "Five days in August" it was called "a drama about the war between Georgia and Russia."
Main characters are American journalist and his cameraman and Georgian families trapped under the fire of war. Rupert Friend, Val Kilmer and Andy Garcia starring. The director of film - Renny Harlin - is also known for such works as "Die Hard 2" and "Cliffhanger".
Shooting of the movie about the August war in Georgia started in autumn 2009. Renny Harlin said that it is not "neither anti-Russian nor anti-Georgian or anti-American" but it is "anti-war".
Note, that the Georgian opposition has repeatedly accused the film as government-sponsored, which budget, according to opponents of the current authorities of the country, has been allocated $ 35 million. Mikhail Saakashvili has categorically denied this information.
Papuna Davitaia, who earlier was the State Minister for Diaspora Affairs, became producer of the picture.