- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Human rights activists claimed Georgia guilty in outbreak of the August war2009-01-15 10:35
The new report of Human Rights Watch, presented today in Washington, announced the party guilty of the August war in the Caucasus. According to the document, in August 2008 Georgian administration conducted a military assault on Tskhinval and in the course of this operation and commited sporadical use of force, including indiscriminate weapons, like multiple rocket launcher Grad and cluster bombs, ITAR-TASS informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the data of human rights activists, Georgian servicemen fired at resident houses in Tskhinval, where civilians were sheltering, from tanks and machine guns.
At the same time, the report states, that all the sides committed serious violations of the internationally accepted human rights and rules of humanitarian law.
The authors of the report, in particular, stated that from at least of it some houses in Tskhinval, that came under attack, shots had previously been fire at attacking Georgian troops.