- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Security Council staff to be nearly doubled2009-01-15 13:28
Georgian administration decided to boost the role of the National Security Council, much blamed for ineffectiveness in connection with the August war in the Caucasus.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Since February 1st the number of the National Security Council staff will be nearly doubled and will count 42 instead of 22, The Vzglyad informs alluding to local mass media.
At the same time, finance of the Council from the state budget will be cut from GEL 3.1 mln to GEL 1.3 mln.
The National Security Council works out recommendations on ensuring security of the country for the President. Today it is headed by Ekaterina Tkeshelashvili, the ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs.