- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alexei Venediktov: Georgian authorities do not put people into politics2011-07-12 14:13
The chief editor of radio station "Echo Moskvy" Alexei Venediktov believes that Georgia is a striking example "of post-Soviet" countries from the political point of view.
As the "GHN" reported, Venediktov, commenting on his recent trip to Georgia, said that the authorities provide a comfortable existence for its citizens and tourists as long as they do not begin to address issues of governance.
"Everything is comfortable for citizens and tourists until they try to get into power", - said Venediktov.
"In this direction, the opposition, the businessmen who finance the opposition have problems, and there is a problem in the work of special services related to wiretapping, although, of course, it is refuted; so the problem of local democracy is that it is Eastern democracy" - he said, agreeing with the numerous statements of representatives of the Georgian authorities, speaking about the construction in the region "Caucasian Singapore".
Recall, that last week the radio station "Echo Moskvy" held a series of interviews with representatives of the ruling elite of Georgia, as well as with the leadership of some opposition parties of the country.