- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian foreign debt increased 50 per cent in 20082009-01-16 09:52
In 2008 the foreign debt of Georgia increased by 50,3 per cent and made up USD 2 bln 691.4 mln, the ministry of Finance of Georgia reported to Interfax. In December it increased by USD 195.9 mln ( 7.8 per cent)gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Ministry data on November 30th 2008, the foreign debt of Georgia counted USD 2 485 825 thousand (with consideration of exchange rates of November 30th 2008).
The total value of the foreign debt of Georgia and state-guaranteed credits (November 30th 2008) was USD 2 bln 495 mln 556 thousand.
16 countries are bilateral creditors of Georgia; the country owes them USD 517 mln 107 thousand; USD155 mln 713 thousand of them the country owes Germany, USD 119 mln 988 thousand - Russia.
Besides the states, the creditors of Georgia are international instutions. The amount of debt to them counts USD 1 bln 468 mln 717 thousand.