- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Laborites initiated the procedure of Saakashvili’s impeachment2009-01-16 16:53
The Labour party of Georgia stated it started the procedure of President Mikhail Saakashvili's impeachment.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Saakashvili must answer for all the crimes he committed, said Shalva Natelashvili, the leader of the Laborites, today.
"For the first time in the modern history of Georgia, the parliamentary group of the Labour party MPs has initiated the official and reasoned by the Constitution procedure of impeachment of President Saakashvili", RosBalt quotes Natelashvili.
Saakashvili, being the head of the state and the Commander-in-Chief, "committed high crimes", violated the main law of the country - its Constitution.
In the view of the Laborites, Georgia lost its statehood and territories because of Saakashvili's numerous mistakes. There is no democracy in the country, rights of citizens are not protected.
Natelashvili informed that signatures of 45 MPs' are enough to initiate the procedure of impeachment, then the case is passed to court.
Let us remind that the majority of Georgian opposition parties demands Saakashvili's resignation and snap presidential and parliamentary elections. The President, however, announced that no early election will be called.