- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Foreign Ministers of Russia and South Ossetia to discuss measures to stop gas blockade from Georgian side2009-01-20 10:53
Today Sergey Lavrov and Murat Dzhioyev will discuss a prospective of further economic and political cooperation between Russia and South Ossetia, ITAR-TASS informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the course of their meeting the Ministers intend to draw special attention to measures to stop gas blockade from the Georgian side.
Let us remind that Russian gas supplies to South Ossetia were cut off by Tbilisi after the beginning of combat actions in August 2008.
Previously the Foreign Minister of South Ossetia stated that Georgia politicizes the issue of gas supplies to the republic. In his turn, Sergey Lavrov, his Russian counterpart, said that the damages of the pipeline Georgia presents as the reason for gas supplies stoppage, are not serious. "We need to achieve resumption of gas supplies to the republic through the territory of Georgia. This problem must be solved as soon as possible," he underlined.
Russian side expressed hope that the recent visit of OSCE special envoy, Charalambos Hristopoulos, will favor acceleration of solving the issue. The topic of possible presence of OSCE monitors in the republic will be touched upon at the negotiations.
Russian suggestions on the OSCE mission in Georgia mandate are submitted for consideration of OSCE partners, but the Organisation proposed to prolong the previous mandate of the mission in Georgia, what, according to experts, means total irrelevance in relation to reality.
In result, the draft solution of OSCE Permanent Council on prolongation of the elements, non-relating to South Ossetia, to March 31st 2009, was worked out as a compromise.