- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tskhinval hopes for the soonest resumption of gas supplies2009-01-20 15:22
South Ossetia counts on the soonest gas supplies to republic resumption. It may be possible owing to the efforts of Greek presidency in OSCE and Russia, said Murat Dzhioyev, the Foreign Minister of South Ossetia, RIA-Novosti informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Ossetian-Georgian relations remain tense, but owing to efforts of the Russian Federation and Greek presidency in OSCE there is a ray of hope that gas problem, the problem of Russian gas supplies to South Ossetia blockade will soon be solved", said Dzhioyev at today's press conference, concluding the results of the negotiations with Sergey Lavrov, the Russian Foreign Minister.
Let us remind that Georgia cut off the gas pipeline, leading to South Ossetia, during the August conflict.
The republican gas-distributing net was heavily damaged in the result of the combat actions. According to the statements of South Ossetian government, in October 2008 it was repaired and ready for gas transit.
On January 13th OSCE representatives participated in the check of the Tbilisi - Tskhinval gas pipeline, and proved its good condition.