- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Vice Speaker of Georgian Parliament received Greek delegation2009-01-20 16:21
Mikheil Machavariani, the Vice Speaker of the Georgian Parliament, the acting Speaker, today received the delegation of the Greek Parliament, headed by Georgios Surlasis, the Deputy Speaker.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the meeting the sides discussed the relations of the countries and the ways of their extension, and also the situation in the conflict areas of Georgia and the ways to normalize Georgian-Russian relations.
As Machavariani reminded after the meeting, Greece is the chair country of OSCE, and that is why Greek parliamentary delegation visit is of special significance for Georgia.
"We are conducting work to let the EU monitoring mission enter the Russia-controlled territories of Abkhazia and Tskhinvali district", Machavariani said. He believes that Russia has no leverage in the EU to keep representatives of this organization from the conflict area.
The Greek Deputy Speaker, in his turn, underlined that Greece backs the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Georgia and will take all the measures to settle conflicts peacefully.
The delegation of the Greek Parliament arrived in Tbilisi with the official visit on January 19th and will finish it on January 22nd .