- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
In USA, Saakashvili discussed the challenges of the 21st century.2011-09-21 14:14
Within the 66th UN General Assembly, which passes these days in the U.S., Georgian leader Mikhail Saakashvili attended a conference on international initiative Open Government Partnership (OGP). This was reported by "Georgia-News" referring to the press-service of the presidential administration.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Open Government Partnership is an initiative which provides consolidation of democratic forces around the world to overcome the challenges of the 21st century. The initiative also aims to improve the efficiency of public administration, as well as its transparency. According to the authors initiatives - Presidents of the USA and Brazil Barack Obama and Dilma Rousseff, the civil society should play active role in these events. Recently, Georgia joined this project.
Within the conference they discussed a wide range of issues, in particular, "The power of openness". The discussion involved about 200 people.
Recall, the Georgian president arrived in the United States the day before, heading a major delegation of Georgian officials. His speech at the 66th Session of UN General Assembly is scheduled on September 22.