- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bakradze: now the UK is our friend!2011-09-30 17:02
According to the head of Georgian Parliament David Bakradze, Georgia has got new large and important friend in Western Europe in face of the UK. As reported by Trend, this way Bakradze commented speech of Vice-Prime Minister of Great Britain Nick Clegg at the conference "Movement to European democratic society, welfare and a strong civil society" which is held in Warsaw. It is a part of the summit on "Eastern Partnership".
The countries of "Eastern Partnership" deserve to join the European Union, said Clegg during his speech. He added that Britain supports Georgia's integration into the EU.
"This is the first time in my memory, when a representative of the UK openly supports Georgia's accession to the EU. We have always been and we remain traditional partners in this area in Eastern and Central Europe, but from now we have got new large and important friend in Western Europe in face of the UK" - Georgian parliamentarian commented the words of British politician.
He also noted that not least, the European Commissioner Stefan Fule has also made a very important statement. He assured that the negotiations with Georgia on a free trade agreement will be renewed. In addition, they plan to launch a new round of negotiations on visa facilitation.