- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
OSCE welcomes resumption of gas supplies to South Ossetia by Georgia2009-01-25 10:56
The OSCE Chairperson-in-Office, Greek Foreign Minister Dora Bakoyannis welcomed resumed Russian gas supplies to Tskhinval, the capital of South Ossetia - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I commend the parties for their constructive approach which made it possible to solve this urgent humanitarian problem", she noted in the statement, issued today by OSCE press service.
Bakoyannis noticed that it happened after intensive consultations, conducted by Charalambos Hristopoulos, OSCE special envoy, on January 12th and 13th . "This demonstrates the vital role the OSCE plays in strengthening co-operation and working towards security and stability in the region ", Greek Foreign Minister said.
According to Bakoyannis, another urgent problem is water supplies of South Ossetia. "The OSCE Greek Chairmanship intends to assess the water supply infrastructure as soon as weather conditions allow", she said.