- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian side called establishment of Black Sea fleet base in Abkhazia a provocation2009-01-26 16:31
Today Georgia called plans of Russia to start establishment of the Black Sea fleet in Ochamchira (Abkhazia) in 2009, "provocative" - The Vzglyad informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It is a provocative defiance to the world community, as it is a reply to Georgia's urge to NATO", said Shota Malashkhia, the chairman of the parliamentary commission on territorial integrity of Georgia restoration.
"Besides, in this way Russia responds to the signed Charter on partnership between the USA and Georgia", he said. In his view, Russia has "no true possibilities, including financial ones" to built the base.
Let us remind, according to mass media, Russia will start construction of Black Sea military vessels base in Ochamchira (Abkhazia) in 2009.
"The consent decision on the issue of the Black Sea fleet military vessels base in Ochamchira is made. This year we start practical, including dredging works at the coast of Abkhazia. More than one year is needed to complete all the works. Now the details of this issue are being agreed with the Abkhaz side", The Vzglyad quotes a representative of the Military Marine Fleet of Russia.
"The base in Ochamchira will be used with consideration of the existing threat of subversions and terrorist acts from the side of Georgian special forces, that cannot be excluded", he underlined.