- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Zakan Jugelia, Deputy Interior Minister, assassinated in Sokhumi2009-01-27 10:49
Zakan Jugelia, the Deputy Interior Minister of Abkhazia, was assassinated in Sokhumi yeaterday, RIA Novosti informs alluding to the source in the Interior ministry of Abkhazia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the source, the assassination occurred yesterday in one of the central cafes of the city. "According to unconfirmed information, an unknown assailant entered the Kiki cafe and fired several shots at Jugelia" the source informs.
At present moment the investigation and search are being conducted. Experts work at cite of murder. The criminal case was brought to legal proceedings.
Sergey Shamba, the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia, confirmed the message of assassination. According to Shamba, the incident occurred in the evening, in the center of Sokhumi. "An unknown person shot from a shotgun at Jugelia, when the latter was sitting in the. After that the murderer escaped. Law enforcement bodies connect the assassination with professional activities of Jugelia", Shamba said.