- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian special services captured a Russian serviceman2009-01-27 17:00
Serviceman of Russian Army, lance sergeant Alexander Glukhov, was captured by Georgian special services in Akhalgori district, RIA Novosti informs alluding to the official representative of the Ministry of Defense of Russia, Colonel Alexander Drobyshevskiy. According to the representative, Georgian special services drove Glukhov to Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Previously the Interior Ministry of Georgia stated that the Russian serviceman escaped from his military unit in Akhalgori, then surrendered to Georgian police and now asks President Saakashvili for political asylum. The Ministry assured that the issue of political asylum for the serviceman will be considered, but prior to it Glukhov must undergo the course of psychological and medical rehabilitation.
The Russian Ministry of Defense demands Georgian side to return the sergeant, captured by force, Drobyshevskiy noted.
The colonel called messages of Georgian mass media, in accordance with which Glukhov left the military unit and yielded to Georgia voluntarily, a provocation. "The statements Glukhov made, might were said under either physical or moral threats", Drobyshevskiy said.