- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Kosachyov: Russia fulfilled all obligations on the settlement on Caucasus2009-01-28 15:59
Russia fulfilled all the obligations on the situation on Caucasus settlement, implied by the accords with the EU, and the European Union confirmed it, stated today Konstantin Kosachyov, the Chairman of the State Duma Committee on Foreign Affairs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
A number of demands, drawn by PACE in regard of the South Caucasus crisis, cannot be implemented due to their wrong definition, he stated at today's meeting of PACE winter session, reporting on Resolution on the consequences of the war between Georgia and Russia implementation, the MP said.
PACE recommendations, adopted in October and discussed in the discussed resolution, were not and couldn't be implemented according to definition, he stated. It doesn't mean that Russia disregards PACE, but the Assembly wrongly assessed the character of events when defined it as a "war between Georgia and Russia", Kosachyov added - ITAR TASS.
According to Kosachyov, there was no war between Georgia and Russia. He claimed that it was a military operation, approved by the Georgian rule, against the population residing in the territory of South Ossetia. The deputy even suggested determination of this population as a possible aim of the operation and urged to consider this circumstance to avoid repetition of this mistake.
If Russia implements PACE demand to annul the recognition of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, further events are easy to predict, he stated. Kosachyov is sure that there would be a new war, as the Georgian rule has no other variant to restore the territorial integrity of Georgia but one more military operation. The MP believes that the main event of the latest few months is the absence of war in South Ossetia and Abkhazia, and claimed it to be the consequence of the position Russia took and which finally helped to protect people in the conflict area.