- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian Foreign Ministry finds out the reasons of the incident with Sergeant Glukhov2009-01-28 17:04
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia finds out the reasons and details of the incident with the Russian serviceman, Junior Sergeant Alexander Glukhov, the Department of Information and Press of the Ministry stated to ITAR TASS today.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Ministry stated that it stays in contact with the both sides. "The occurrence happened, and we find out the reasons and details of the incident", the Ministry states.
"We need objective picture of what has happened to the Russian serviceman", the Foreign Ministry highlighted.
The Ministry of Defense of Russia claims that Junior Sergeant Alexander Glukhov was captured by the Georgian special services and demands his return.
The Georgian side states that the serviceman deserted from his unit in Leninogori district of south Ossetia because of unbearable conditions of service and requested Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, for political asylum.
According to Grigol Vashadze, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia, Tbilisi has no intention to hand Glukhov over to the Ministry of Defense of Russia.
According to previous messages, Alexander Volkov, the President of Udmurtia, ordered to keep in touch with Glukhov's parents in Sarapul.
The situation with the Russian sergeant will be considered by the UN High Commissariat for Refugees.
This decision was made by the Swiss embassy, representing Russian interests in Georgia after severance of diplomatic relations of Tbilisi and Moscow.