- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Kokoyty predicts more Georgian provocations2009-01-29 15:59
After the signing of the Charter on strategic partnership between Georgia and the US, the situation at the border of Georgia and South Ossetia deteriorated, stated Eduard Kokoyty, the President of South Ossetia in his interview to The Komsomolskaya Pravda. According to Kokoyty, further escalation of the conflict is possible.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Georgia grew more active. Especially demonstrative - before and right after signing the Charter on strategic partnership with the USA. According to the data of our special services, they are conduvting very serious preparations for something. The Medvedev-Sarkozy agreements are being constantly violated, and no-one responses", RosBalt quotes Kokoyty.
The head of the republic strongly denied the participation of the South Ossetian side in the incident with the Georgian policeman killing, which Georgian mass media has reported recently.
"We have nothing to do with it. That's all provocations, - Kokoyty highlighted. - And they will occur more often in spring. Georgia is training soldiers, mainly from locals, who know all the paths, for subversive and terrorist activities in our territory: both against the Armed Forces of Russia and against South Ossetia ".
"The strategy is the same. Foreign instructors are still involved", Kokoyty concluded.