- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Fire in Tbilisi underground, 10 casualties2009-01-30 11:34
Last evening a fire occurred in Avlabari underground station (Tbilisi).gt-en-newsitem-inside
The accident was caused by short-circuit in the tunnel, said Temur Giorgadze, the head of municipal department of emergency situations. The area of the fire counted about two square meters - Kavkazkiy Uzel informs.
According to Giorgadze, the station got covered with smoke, 10 people were intoxicated with carbon monoxide and taken to hospital. According to the emergency service, three of the ten are in grave condition.
The transition of the trains in the branch line the fire occurred, was stopped, passengers evacuated. 25 fire brigades together with rescuers worked at the site of the accident.