- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia may deploy military airpcrafts in Abkhazia2009-01-30 12:54
In the framework of the Russian military base establishment in Abkhazia the Russian Air Force aircraft grouping can be deployed, Interfax informs alluding to the military diplomatic source in Moscow.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the source, Russia may deploy about 20 aircrafts, including Su-27 jet fighters, Su-25 jet aircrafts and airlifters.
"Negotiations with Abkhaz side on deploying military aircrafts in Gudauta region, in Bombory, are being held. The issue regarding basing the ships of Black See Fleet in Ochamchire is being discussed as well ", the source shared.
He also mentioned that the airfield in Bombory is one of the most important military facilities on the Black Sea Coast and the biggest military airfield on Caucasus. The deployment of the Russian aircraft grouping will demand no considerable expenditures, as the airfield has all the necessary ground infrastructure, the source said.
The length of the runaway counts 4 kilometers (about 2.5 miles). It can receive all the types of military aircrafts and airlifters.
Let us remind that in accordance with the Treaty on friendship and cooperation between Russia and Abkhazia, signed in 2008, a Russian military base with 3700 servicemen contingent will be established in Abkhazia.