- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia hopes for Byelorussia’s prudence2009-02-02 15:20
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia hopes that MPs of Byelorussia will be prudent at the discussion of the issue of recognition of South Ossetia and Abkhazia to be held in April, stated today Davit Jalagania, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Otherwise Tbilisi regards it as "an unfriendly move", the deputy Minister stated.
"The Georgian side is watching such situation with concern... [Recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia] will be considered as an unfriendly move by Belarus. But we hope that Belarus will have enough bravery and sense of impartiality and fairness to take a proper decision", Jalagania highlighted.
At the same time he noted that discussion of the issue in the Parliament of Byelorussia is planned for April 2nd , and no predictions should be made beforehand.
"Discussion of the issue does not obligatory mean recognition. The Georgian side expresses hope that the Parliament of Byelorussia will make a sensible decision and will not allow the recognition of independency of the separatist territories ", the Deputy Minister said.
On August 26th Russia recognized the independency of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, later Nicaragua shared this position. The Parliament of Byelorussia will consider this issue on April 2nd. Alexander Lukashenko, the President of Byelorussia stated the in case the Parliament makes complies with the requests of Tskhinval and Sokhumi he is ready to sign the corresponding papers.